was founded by Mrs. Eidlitz over 50 years ago, to create real opportunities for people to appreciate the connection between art and nature. The centre is located in the heart of St. Andrews by-the-Sea, New Brunswick, established in 1783 and considered Canada’s premier historic seaside resort.
Sunbury Shores’ 130 year old building is newly renovated and offers world class facilities. The centre’s 6,000 square feet provides two galleries for exhibitions, studios for painting, drawing, printmaking, jewellery & metalsmith, pottery and other art and nature programs.
The centre is open year round and offers programs to support the local community, the region’s schools, summer residents and visiting artists coming to the area primarily from across Canada and the Eastern US seaboard.
Sunbury Shores has two beautiful, recently renovated, gallery spaces. The Water Street Gallery is the larger gallery in the front and opens onto Water Street in St. Andrews making it a highly visible exhibition space. It has natural light from large storefront windows as well as modern track lighting. The Harbour View Gallery is the second gallery in the back. This gallery enjoys light from large windows and glass doors which overlook the deck, the garden, and a wonderful water view. The space in the wide hallway that connects the two galleries may also be used as an extra exhibition space.
The oceanfront deck and garden are available as temporary display areas for sculptures or large installations as well as performances and special events.